WARNING! Spoilers ahead!
This article may reveal major plot points, especially considering the film had either been released recently or not in specific countries yet.
Wolfwalkers is 2020 animated fantasy adventure film directed by Tomm Moore and Ross Stewart. The film is the third installment in Moore's "Irish Folklore Trilogy", following his previous films The Secret of Kells (2009) and Song of the Sea (2014).
In a time of superstition and magic, when wolves are seen as demonic and nature an evil to be tamed, a young apprentice hunter, Robyn, comes to Ireland with her father to wipe out the last pack. But when Robyn saves a wild native girl, Mebh, their friendship leads her to discover the world of the Wolfwalkers and transform her into the very thing her father is tasked to destroy.
Why It Rocks
- Like the other films that Cartoon Saloon does, they make great animation taking place in the Middle Ages.
- This is the third installment of the Irish Folklore Trilogy.
- Good soundtrack to make us feel that were in medieval times.
- The lightings of the places and the characters so they can connect the moods and emotions.
- Amazing character design for the characters.
- Likeable characters like Robyn and Mebh.
- The reunion of Mebh and her mom is emotional.
- the best quote in the film which make sense "You're wolf when you're asleep, and a girl when you're awake."
- Aurora's "Running with the wolves" is an amazing song to connect the scene when Robyn and Mebh are wolves to have some fun.
- As Robyn defend Mebh's mother, There some representation of LGBT between the two characters Robyn and Mebh due to their friendship and love one another.
- The kids who tease Robyn, were racist due to the colonization of Ireland 500 years ago before the events of the film. They were rude, impropriate and immature bandit kids who really love to tease anyone.
- This film won the Annie Academy Awards for Best Animated Feature