Godzilla: King Of The Monsters
Godzilla: King Of The Monsters is a 2019 film that was release in May 31, 2019. It is a sequel to the well-received Godzilla (2014).
5 years after the M.U.T.O.'s were defeated, Godzilla now faces a new threat that's even bigger than the ones he has faced, King Ghidorah, who calls all Titans who are in their slumber.
Why It Rocks
- Iconic classic Kaijus such as Rodan, Mothra, and Gidorah make a return after a very long absence.
- Amazing CGI for the Kaiju, with well-done redesigns for Rodan, Mothra and Ghidorah. Godzilla's design in particular looks similar to his 2014 design, but with some elements from the Toho version.
- The monsters (including Godzilla), have more screen-time in this film.
- Well-done acting.
- Awesome fights with the monsters.
- Ghidorah being an ancient alien seeking to transform the Earth to his own liking is interesting..
- Mark Russel has a tragic backstory, where he lost his son Andrew in the previous film.
- Mothra had a very heartbreaking death .
- Emma's death was also sad.
- The characters get decent character development.
- Well-composed soundtrack, with some themes from Akira Ifikube's scores for Toho's Kaiju films and a great cover of Blue Oyster Cult's Godzilla song.
- Alan Jonah is a very unlikable antagonist, as he constantly does bad things he's responsible for (like endangering Madison, awakening Ghidorah and Rodan, and causing many deaths after awakening Ghidorah and Rodan) and gets little to no punishment for it.
- Ford Brody (the main protagonist of the previous film) isn't in this film nor isn't mentioned at all, like he doesn't exist.
Godzilla: King of Monsters was positively received by audiences, however reviews by critics were lower and the movie underperformed at the box office.