NOTE: feel free to edit my sandbox, but don't uploaded this page on this wiki.
(Added on September 11!)
World Trade Center is a 2006 American disaster, drama film directed by Oliver Stone. It was based on a tragic event of September 11 2001 attacks and the collapse of the World Trade Center.
Two Port Authority officers, Sgt. John McLoughlin (Nicolas Cage) and Officer Will Jimeno (Michael Peña), become trapped in the rubble of the World Trade Center after going in to help people escape from the buildings during the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.
Why It Rocks
- This film is very faithful, and stays true to the victims who died on the day of September 11 attacks.
- Great, and very sad soundtrack that was was performed by Craig Armstrong.
- Decent likable characters.
- The idea of a World Trade Center attack in 2001, was pretty decent, even as long they don't being too offensive to the people who died in 9/11.
- Decent cinematography.
- Decent pacing.
- Decent acting, even In 9/11 event standards.
- Nice visual, and explosion effects.
On opening weekend, it made approximately $18,730,762 in the U.S. and Canada. In total, the film grossed $70,278,893 at the North American box office, and over $162,970,240 worldwide.
The film receives mix-to-positive reviews from critics, and audience alike. It holds a 67% on Rotten Tomatoes while Metacritic scores a 66% while IMDB gave a film a 5.9/10 rating.