The Matrix Reloaded is a 2003 action, science fiction film directed and written by The Wachowskis. It's a sequel to 1999's The Matrix.
6 months after the events of The Matrix, Freedom fighters Neo (Keanu Reeves), Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss) and Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) continue to lead the revolt against the Machine Army, unleashing their arsenal of extraordinary skills and weaponry against the systematic forces of repression and exploitation. In their quest to save the human race from extinction, they gain greater insight into the construct of The Matrix and Neo's pivotal role in the fate of mankind.
Why It Rocks
- Great acting.
- The story's sequel and concepts were great.
- The freeway fight scene is VERY awesome, especially in the semi truck between Morpheus and Agent Johnson.
- The fight scenes are neat to watch, especially in the third act.
- The Merovingian is a awesome villain that he trying to keep the Keymaker in his control by getting rid of Neo.
- The soundtrack is still great like the first film.
- The special effects still don't aged well like the first film had.
- The sequel The Matrix Revolutions is a very disappointed sequel.
The film receives postive reviews from critics and fans alike. It holds a 73% on Rotten Tomatoes.