User:Stephenfisher2001/sandbox/Die Hard 2
Note: Feel free to edit my page, but don't upload to this wiki without my permission.
Die Hard 2 (or stylized as Die Hard 2: Die Harder, or Die Harder) is a 1990 action, thriller film directed by Renny Harlin, and it was distributed by 20th Century Fox. It's a sequel to 1988's Die Hard.
On December 24, 1990, two years after his heroics in Los Angeles, detective John McClane (Bruce Willis) is mixed up in another terrorist plot, this time at Washington Dulles International Airport, where he is waiting for his wife (Bonnie Bedelia). That same night, South American politico and drug profiteer Ramon Esperanza (Franco Nero) is arriving in U.S. custody. McClane takes action when a treasonous ex-colonel (William Sadler) seizes control of the airport, threatening to crash every inbound flight unless Esperanza is freed.
Why It Rocks
- Bruce Willis still did a great performance as John McClane.
- A decent follow up from the first film.
- The action scenes are still great.
- The "Yippie-ki-yay, motherf*cker!" line still appears.
- Decent acting.
- William Sadler's performance as Colonel William Stuart is decent in many ways.
- The idea of having a film the an airport gets attack by the South American terrorist is very cool.
- The explosion effects are very decent.
- Decent pacing.
- For an R-rated action film, the sequel is still sure gives plenty of Christmas themes to make this film look like a Christmas movie like the first film, (Maybe).
- The scene where John opens the fuel hatch, and burns the fuel with his cigarette and heading to Boeing 747 and blows the plane up at near the end of the film is VERY AWESOME!
- The soundtrack is still awesome like the first film.
The film receives positive reviews from critics, audience and fans of the original. It holds a 68% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
- The Boeing 747's explosion at near the end of the film was very similar to Final Destination 5's plane explosion.