Note: This Page does not have spoilers.
The Grinch (also known as Dr. Seuss' The Grinch) is a 2018 American 3D computer-animated Christmas film produced by Illumination Entertainment.
Based on the 1957 Dr. Seuss book How the Grinch Stole Christmas!, it is the third screen adaptation of the story, following the television special from 1966 and the live-action feature-length film from 2000.
The Grinch is directed by Yarrow Cheney and Scott Mosier, written by Michael LeSieur and Tommy Swerdlow, narrated by Pharrell Williams and starring the voices of Benedict Cumberbatch, Rashida Jones, Kenan Thompson, Cameron Seely and Angela Lansbury.
It is scheduled to be released by Universal Pictures in the United States on November 9, 2018, in RealD 3D and select IMAX theaters.
It received generally positive reviews from critics who praised the animation and Cumberbatch’s voice acting, but said the film added nothing new to the story.
Why It Rocks
Note: Please do not add any spoilers.
- It did try to stay faithful to the book and the 1966 special.
- The plot is good.
- A lot of funny moments.
- Good character designs.
- Fred is a funny new character.
- Good voice acting.
- The animation (in most Illumination movies) is great.
- Good songs by Tyler, the Creator.
- Cindy Lou and Max's designs are cute.
- The Grinch's backstory is kinda emotional like in the 2000 live action movie.
- Great soundtrack.
- For the first time, The Grinch apologizes for stealing Christmas.
- Good new characters, such as Axl, Ozzy, Izzy, and Groopert.
- The scene where Max is playing with a new doggie toy that The Grinch bought for him is cute.
- "Your a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" has a really good modern beat where it makes the movie a lot better than the live action movie.
The Only Bad Qualities
- The "Go Time" scene was kinda disturbing as you might want to look away if your those easily disturbed.
- It forgot important lines, such as "Maybe Christmas doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas perhaps, means a little bit more". Why did they forget that?!