UglyDolls is a 2019 animated musical comedy film directed by Kelly Asbury. The film stars Kelly Clarkson, Janelle Monáe, Blake Shelton, Wanda Sykes, Gabriel Iglesias, Wang Leehom, Bebe Rexha, Charli XCX, Lizzo, Nick Jonas and Pitbull. The film was distributed by STX Entertainment.
Why It's A Moxos Approved Film
- It's a nice way to introduce animation to STXfilms.
- Great animation that is bouncy and fun to watch.
- The designs are very cartoony and creative.
- The soundtrack, especially songs like The Ugly Truth, Unbreakable (especially), and Broken and Beautiful, are very catchy and is such a headbop.
- Moxy is a very positive protagonist who never gives up (except one time) on her dreams and does whatever it takes to make her dream come true.
- Talented voice acting, featuring talents from Kelly Clarkson, Wanda Sykes, Pitbull, and Nick Jonas.
- Gibberish Cat.
- The scene where Moxy cheers the robotic baby up after Lou kicks it in the nose is heartwarming.
- It spawned many internet memes such as the Moxos created by Sticky.
- Wage is a funny comic relief, in fact, he teased the movie's run time at the end.
- Lou is a well-developed villain who is a prototype doll that is jealous of Ox who could go to the big world but not Lou.
- "Okay, the Big World and children do not exist!"
- The ending, while a bit predictable, is also heartwarming because not only did Moxy get her wish to finally get an owner, but so did her friends, including Mandy and the spy girls.
- The toys it spawned was well-crafted and held neatly, such as its To-Go plushies.
- The message, while it's the same old be yourself stuff, is actually meaningful. As Moxy said, our flaws is what makes us unique.
- There could've been more to it.
- A scene having Ice Bat sinking in with the boat indicating he tried to attempt suicide (in a kids film) but luckily survived.
- Some plotholes like as to how does Moxy know about the big world.