Tin Toy is a 1988 American computer-animated short film produced by Pixar and directed by John Lasseter. The short film, which runs five minutes, stars Tinny, a tin one-man-band toy, attempting to escape from Billy, a destructive infant.
A tin toy's daily routine as a drum major gets interrupted by a meddlesome baby who continuously follows and torments him.
Why It Rocks
- The third short-film of having decent CGI in late 1980s standards
- The scene where baby felling off into the floor and cries, it did show Tinny's remorseful and felt sorry for himself.
- Great chase scenes, like when Tinny gets chased by the baby.
- A funny scene where a Baby puts a bag onto his head.
- Great sound effects.
The Only Bad Quality
- While good, the model for the baby hasn't aged well and it looks a little nightmare-ish.
- Tinny also appeared as a cameo in Toy Story 4.
- The Sequel To Tin Toy Short Called A Tin Toy Christmas was planned but it was scrapped.