The Wolverine (2013)
The Wolverine is a 2013 American superhero film directed by James Mangold, starring Hugh Jackman, Rila Fukushima and Hiroyuki Sanada. It was a follow-up to X-Men Origins: Wolverine. It was distributed by 20th Century Fox.
Logan returns to Japan after World War II.
Why It Rocks
- It is a major improvement on X-Men Origins: Wolverine.
- While it is on the same timeline as X-Men: The Last Stand, it acts respectful for the timeline.
- An effective teaser for X-Men: Days of Future Past featuring Charles Xavier and Magneto was shown during the end credits.
- The acting is great, especially with Hugh Jackman returning as Wolverine.
- The unrated cut is more hard-edged and violent.
- It is respectful to Japanese culture.
- The story can be predictable, even though it was executed in a good manner.
- The final battle is anticlimactic.
- The theatrical cut has a lack of blood.