The Sweatbox (2002)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The Sweatbox is a 2002 documentary film showing the process of Kingdom of the Sun being retooled for The Emperor's New Groove. It was made by Sting's wife Trudie Styler and owned by Disney.
Why It Rocks
- Sting's cut songs are great to listen to, especially "Snuff out the Light", sung by Eartha Kitt.
- It helps people understand what studio interference was like.
- People who were involved with Kingdom of the Sun show their honest frustration in the retool such as David Spade, Eartha Kitt and Sting.
- Kingdom of the Sun would have been an amazing Disney film had Roger Allers got enough time.
- The original project showed tons of respect to Incan culture.
- Sting who is an environmentalist had a problem with the original ending of The Emperor's New Groove that Kuzco gets his Kuzcotopia made after he learned his lesson, which was rewritten to where Kuzco just made a hut near Pacha's house.