The Matrix Reloaded
The Matrix Reloaded is a 2003 action, science fiction film directed and written by The Wachowskis. It's a sequel to 1999's The Matrix.
6 months after the events of The Matrix, Freedom fighters Neo (Keanu Reeves), Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss) and Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) continue to lead the revolt against the Machine Army, unleashing their arsenal of extraordinary skills and weaponry against the systematic forces of repression and exploitation. In their quest to save the human race from extinction, they gain greater insight into the construct of The Matrix and Neo's pivotal role in the fate of mankind.
Why It Rocks
- It's a pretty good follow up to the first film, of The Matrix.
- Great acting, especially for Keanu Reeves and Laurence Fishburne.
- The story's sequel and concepts were great.
- The freeway fight scene is VERY fun and it's pretty awesome, especially in the semi-truck between Morpheus and Agent Johnson.
- The fighting scenes are still very neat to watch, especially in the very third act, such as fighting in Keymaster's mansion.
- The scene where Neo saves Trinity from her death after getting shot by Smith clones was pretty good.
- The Merovingian is an awesome villain that he trying to keep the Keymaker in his control by getting rid of Neo.
- The soundtrack is still great just like the first film.
- The film is an effective deconstruction of the first film.
- The special effects still don't age well just like the first film had.
- Little-to-no good CGI, like the scene during the parking fight when Neo using the pipe to strike the Agent Smith clones.
- The acting can be a bit awkward at times.
- Like its predecessor, its Latin American dubbing is disappointing.
- The film itself can be a bit worthy at times, thus the film is a bit step down from the original. But at least it isn't as worthy as The Matrix Revolutions was released a few months later.
The film was generally well-received from critics, audiences, and fans alike, though not as well-received as the first film. The film currently holds a 73% on Rotten Tomatoes with a "Certified Fresh" rating, just like the first film with a "Certified Fresh" rating, with a weighted average score of 6.81/10. The site's critical consensus states: "Though its heady themes are a departure from its predecessor, The Matrix Reloaded is a worthy sequel packed with popcorn-friendly thrills." Metacritic scores a film a 62/100 based on 40 critics, indicating "generally favorable reviews".