Tangled is a 2010 American 3D computer-animated musical adventure film produced by Walt Disney Animation Studios and released by Walt Disney Pictures. Loosely based on the German fairy tale, Rapunzel in the collection of folk tales published by the Brothers Grimm, it is the 50th Disney animated feature film. Featuring the voices of Mandy Moore, Zachary Levi and Donna Murphy, the film tells the story of a lost, young princess with long magical hair who yearns to leave her secluded tower. Against her mother's wishes, she accepts the aid of an intruder to take her out into the world which she has never seen.
When the kingdom's most-wanted bandit, Flynn Rider, hides in a convenient tower, he immediately becomes a captive of Rapunzel, the spire's longtime resident. Crowned with 70 feet of magical golden hair, she has been locked away for years and desperately wants freedom. The feisty teenager strikes a deal with Flynn, and together they begin a whirlwind adventure.
Why It Rocks
- Very solid CG animation that fits the style of 2D Disney films and beautiful visuals to look at.
- Catchy and unforgettable songs like Mother Knows Best, I've Got a Dream, and I See the Light.
- Likable and entertaining characters like Rapunzel, Eugene and even the comic reliefs Pascal and Maximus.
- Lots of funny moments like the scene where Rapunzel is terrified of something in the bushes and It turns out to a be a cute little bunny.
- Eugene's death, and resurrection and Rapunzel reuniting with her parents are very touching and emotional scenes.
- It delivers plenty of important life lessons like stepping out of your comfort zone, make your dreams come true and never give up hope as Rapunzel parents never lost hope for her return.