My Little Pony: Rainbow Roadtrip
|Warning, Spoilers ahead!|
My Little Pony: Rainbow Roadtrip (or stylized as RAiNBOW ROADTRiP) is a 2019 Irish-American television film based on the popular television series My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic created by Lauren Faust, which was developed as part of the 2010 re-launch of the My Little Pony franchise by Hasbro.
Rainbow Dash has been invited to the Rainbow Festival at Hope Hollow as a guest of honor. She and her friends hop on a balloon, but when they crashland, no one is there to greet them. The mystery grows at sunrise when the entire town and the ponies in it are revealed to have been drained of color. While Twilight Sparkle tries to find out what caused the town to fade, her friends help the local ponies plan a new rainbow festival, making friends along the way and restoring the hope missing from Hope Hollow.
Why It Rocks
- The animation from the first film is very beautiful and they still hold up very well, even though if the film was made by Walt Disney Animation Studios.
- Boulder Media worked on the animation instead of DHX Studios Vancouver for this special, but the animation is still really good no matter what.
- The voice acting is very well done.
- Likeable and decent soundtrack.
- The idea of a story of the Mane Six trying to fix the town of rainbow festival back to to colorful from it's grey is pretty decent.
- The score of William Anderson is still very good in this special.
- There's a scene where Twilight's wings turned into rainbow wings looks beautiful.
- It's was also used in the commercial just months before the special was released.
- Much like the feature film, Starlight Glimmer, and the support characters wasn't even supported for the Mane Six at all, nor they are mentioned.
The special was well received by the audience and the fans of the show It currently holds a 7.9/10 rating on IMDB.
- The special itself uses the same animation from My Little Pony: The Movie.