RoboCop is a 1987 cyberpunk, action film directed by Paul Verhoeven and it was distributed by Orion Pictures.
In a violent, near-apocalyptic Detroit, evil corporation Omni Consumer Products wins a contract from the city government to privatize the police force. To test their crime-eradicating cyborgs, the company leads street cop Alex Murphy (Peter Weller) into an armed confrontation with crime lord Boddicker (Kurtwood Smith) so they can use his body to support their untested RoboCop prototype. But when RoboCop learns of the company's nefarious plans, he turns on his masters.
Why It Rocks
- Peter Weller performance as Robocop is is great.
- Very exciting plot.
- Great acting.
- I'll buy that for a dollar. Ha Ha Ha!
- Great action scenes, especially the scene where Robocop stopped a store robbery, saved a female from getting raped, and saved the workers from getting shot.
- Awesome pacing.
- Dick, You're Fired!
- Decent directing by Paul Verhoeven.
- Amazing soundtrack that was scored by Brasil Poledouris.
- Plenty of gore to satisfy R-rated action film fans.
- It is also a satire on 80s corporate America.
- In related to WIR# 5, RoboCop shoots a raping person's groan is VERY disturbing, and gross out to the audience.
- The two sequels that aren't good.
- The film was released on the same day as Jaws: The Revenge was released.