Next Gen is a 2018 Canadian-American-Chinese computer-animated science fiction action comedy-drama film directed by Kevin R. Adams and Joe Ksander.
A rebellious girl and a runaway combat robot unite to stop a madman's technological plan for world domination.
Why It Rocks
- 7723 is a likeable robot character, he helped Mai for having good morals.
- The story had a good inspirations to Big Hero 6 as the story is passable.
- Amazing animations made by using Blender, a free 3D software.
- The movie teaches a message to parents about caring for their children instead of something else (i.e. Q-Bot). It also teaches kids not to hurt others they don't like.
- Awesome soundtracks, including Rebel Girl at the beginning of the film.
- Unique voice acting for some characters.
- Unlike Big Hero 6, there's a chance that a villain from this movie has no plot twist.
- Although 7723's voice acting is good, maybe adding a robot effect to it would sound better.
- Mai's breakdowns are extremely annoying.
- The vulgar usage from Momo isn't appropriate for kids movie, thankfully it's censored.
- Some people may find the plot too similar to Big Hero 6 or The Iron Giant
- It's the only CGI movie uses Blender instead of Maya for animating.I