Mission: Impossible - Fallout
Mission: Impossible - Fallout is a 2018 action-spy film directed by Christopher McQuarrie that stars Tom Cruise, Henry Cavill, Ving Rhames, Simon Pegg, Rebecca Ferguson, Sean Harris, Angela Bassett. Michelle Monaghan and Alec Baldwin. It is the 6th installment in the Mission: Impossible franchise.
After a mission goes wrong, and plutonium goes missing, Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) teams up with CIA agent August Walker (Henry Cavill) to get it back.
Why It Rocks
- All of the actors give great performances, especially Tom Cruise and Henry Cavill.
- The story is really well-written and original.
- Fantastic stunt work, even for Mission: Impossible standards.
- Amazing and exciting action-packed scenes.
- "I'm jumping out of a window"
- August Walker/John Lark's revelation is shocking, and you really don't expect it.
- Excellent and beautiful cinematography.
- Amazing musical score composed by Lorne Balfe, the same person who composed the score for Megamind, The Lego Batman Movie, AMW and Penguins of Madagascar.
- Henry Cavill is a very convincing and threatening villain.
- The helicopter chase scene was a great and tense climax.
- Really well-done editing, that has decent transitions between scenes.
- Awesome use of impractical effects, like the HALO jump scene.
- It's easily the best entry in the Mission: Impossible saga, both for the amazing direction of Christopher McQuarrie as for the memorable action scenes
The Only Bad Quality
- Continuity error: In the beginning message sent to Ethan Hunt, it states that two years ago, he captured Solomon Lane, however the movie takes place in 2018, and the movie where the previous event happened, Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation took place in 2015.
Mission: Impossible - Fallout was widely acclaimed by critics and fans alike for its direction, screenplay, cinematography, action sequences, stunts, musical score, and performances of the cast (particularly Tom Cruise), and is considered by many to be the best installment in the franchise. It currently holds a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes, with the website's critical consensus reads, "Fast, sleek, and fun, Mission: Impossible – Fallout lives up to the 'impossible' part of its name by setting yet another high mark for insane set pieces in a franchise full of them.", a 7.7 on IMDb, an 86 on Metacritic and a 3.9 on Letterboxd.
- The film is the only Mission: Impossible film to have the IMAX version on the Blu-Ray, with the scenes that use a 1:90:1 aspect ratio, even on streaming services like Netflix.