Invader Zim: Enter The Florpus
|Warning, Spoilers ahead!|
Invader Zim: Enter The Florpus is a made-for-TV-movie based on the cult classic 2000s Nicktoon, Invader Zim. It premiered on Netflix on August 16th, 2019; precisely one week after another Nicktoons Netflix movie, Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling.
After completing Phase 1 of his plan to take over the world, Zim sets Phase 2 in action. Dib Membrane is determined to stop him once and for all.
Why It Rocks
- The animation is outstanding. It has a modern feel for a new audience, and yet stays true to the original. There were also a variety of art styles used when reality is falling apart, such as anime and puppetry.
- The music is also awesome. The original theme song appears in various remixes throughout the movie.
- It's very dark, just like the original show. And since it's on Netflix, it got away with even more stuff.
- Funny moments, such as GIR rolling around in pizza.
- Surprisingly enough for a movie like this, it has heartwarming moments, such as when Professor Membrane telling Dib that he's always proud of him and that he doesn't need to prove anything to him.
- The Membranes get a LOT of development throughout the movie, especially in regards to their family dynamic. In fact, Gaz opens her eyes and smiles a lot more than she did in the original show.
- Very complex morality. Part of you wants Zim to win despite him having cruel intentions, due to how likable and entertaining he is, and part of you also wants Dib to win because of the satisfying feeling of him finally proving that Zim is an alien. Eventually, Dib does win.
- The Almighty Tallest get what they deserve at the end. For being mean to Zim and for enslaving tons of planets, they get sucked into a black hole, where they'll never return.
- The original voice actors return, and still manage to do a great job even after all these years.
- It's nice to see the Zim franchise get some justice after Nick screwed it over back in 2006.
- Even after the world almost ended thanks to Zim, Professor Membrane still isn't convinced that aliens are real.
- The character animation can be a little jerky sometimes and stilted.