I Am Legend
I Am Legend is a 2007 American post-apocalyptic film based on the 1954 novel of the same name by Richard Matheson, directed by Francis Lawrence and starring Will Smith, who plays US Army virologist Robert Neville.
In 2012, three years after the big virus all over New York City in 2009, Robert Neville, a scientist, is the last human survivor of a plague in the whole of New York. He attempts to find a way to reverse the effects of the man-made virus by using his own immune blood.
Why It Rocks
- Will Smith's performance as Robert Neville is well done.
- Amazing acting, especially, for Will Smith, Alice Braga, and Dash Mihok.
- Depressing, but a nice storyline.
- All of the characters, especially for Robert Neville, Anna Montez, Ethan, and even Robert's dog name Sam, are very likable.
- Willow Smith is a pretty cute character during the flashback.
- The post-apocalyptic abandoned desert looking New York City is well done, especially for a destroyed Brooklyn Bridge.
- The scene where Sam dies is pretty heartbreaking
- Amazing and depressing soundtrack that was performed by James Newton Howard.
- The ending is changed to something bad, completely taking away the meaning of the title "I Am Legend".
- The cgi on the Darkseekers looks terrible, they move like they don't have weight, their eyes look lifeless and the skin is very waxy looking.
The film received positive reviews from critics and audiences alike with a 68% rating on Rotten Tomatoes while Metacritic scores a film a 65/100 rating "Generally favorable reviews" with a 7.1/10 user score rating while IMDB holds a film a 7,2/10 rating.
- This is the first film to feature the teaser trailer to The Dark Knight. IMAX even showed the film's opening bank robbery in select IMAX screenings without any previews.