Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is a 2002 fantasy movie based on J.K. Rowling's 1998 novel of the same name, it is the 2nd installment in the long running Harry Potter movie series, the movie was directed by Chris Columbus and distributed by Warner Bros. Pictures.
As Harry enters his second year at Hogwarts, he discovers an elf that tries to prevent him from going back, believing that there's great danger there.
Why It Rocks
- Just like the previous film, it is extremely faithful to the original book.
- Almost all of the cast are back and new ones that are great.
- Has a slightly darker tone than the first movie, but not too dark and edgy.
- Amazing action sequences.
- We get to know more about Lord Voldemort.
- Another great plot twist at the end of the movie.
- Harry's battle with the Basilisk is one of the most iconic battles in movie history.
- Despite being slightly darker, it still has humor in it.
- Very great characters such as Gilderoy Lockhart.
- Tons of unforgettable moments such as Harry and Ron with the flying car.
- Spawned a video game based on it that's great like the movie.
The movie received critical acclaim with many praising the plot, the cast, the soundtrack and for being a faithful adaptation to the book.