Happy Death Day 2U
Happy Death Day 2U is a 2019 American science fiction black comedy slasher film written and directed by Christopher Landon.
Tree Gelbman discovers that dying over and over was surprisingly easier than the dangers that lie ahead.
Why It Rocks
- It tends to be a wonderful follow-up sequel from it’s predecessor.
- The acting is still amazing, especially from Jessica Rothe as Tree.
- The film has much more comedy in this film then in the first one.
- We finally get an explanation to why Tree keeps dying and ending up having to relive the same day.
- The movie adds in a few decent sci-fi vibes to it.
- Many of the character get much more screen time then they did in the first, like Tree’s sorority sister, Danielle, and Carter’s roommate, Ryan.
- The idea of SISSY (Ryan’s invention that causes time loops) is very original.
- Many unforgettable and hilarious moments, like how Tree skydives in a bikini and flips off the audience or when SISSY explodes a large shockwave in slow motion while “The Flower Duet” plays in the background.
- The alternate universe Tree is trapped in has many well-handled twists and turns, such as how Gregory is the killer, not Lori.
- The chemistry between Tree and her mom is very heartwarming.
On review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes, the film holds an approval rating of 70% based on 191 reviews, with an average rating of 5.99/10.