Happy Death Day
Happy Death Day is a 2017 American slasher film directed by Christopher B. Landon, written by Scott Lobdell and starring Jessica Rothe, Israel Broussard, and Ruby Modine. The film was produced by Jason Blum through his Blumhouse Productions banner. It follows a college student who is murdered on her birthday and begins reliving the day over and over again; at that point, she sets out to find the killer and stop her death.
A college student must relive the day of her murder over and over again, in a loop that will end only when she discovers her killer's identity.
Why It Rocks
- The actor’s performances are amazing, especially from Jessica Rothe and Ruby Modine.
- It has a creepy and also very funny Groundhog Day-vibe.
- Likable and memorable characters such as Tree, Carter and Danielle.
- The idea of making an unidentified killer chase after someone, and after killing them the day starts over again until the victim finds out who it is is pretty original.
- Nicely done character and story development.
- Tree's ringtone, "It’s My Birthday", is very memorable.
- A fair amount of well-executed scary and funny moments.
- Babyface's kills manage to be both horrifying and hilarious.
- Many unpredictable twists and turns throughout most of the movie.
- The ending is quite satisfying when Tree finally figures out Babyface's real identity.
- Happy Death Day 2U, while relying more comedy then being a horro-comedy, was still a pretty decent sequel.
- The alternate ending was completely unsatisfying for viewers and so it was cut from the film.