Hammer Film Productions
Hammer Film Productions, also sometimes called Hammer Studios, was a horror film studio out of England. Starting in the 1950's, they were best knwon for remaking many of the classic universal horror/monster movies from the 1930's and 1940's throughout the 1950's, 1960's, and 1970's. Terrence Fisher was a common director, and Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing were common actors; in fact, Peter Cushing was in all three of their most popular series, Frankenstein, in which he played Dr. Frankenstien, Dracula, in which he played Van Hellsing, and The Mummy, in which he played an archiologist.
Why They Rock
- They were known for remaking many of the classic universal horror films from the 1930's and 1940's, the most popular ones being Frankenstein, The Mummy, and Dracula.
- They employeed some of the most talented horror actors and actresses of that era, including Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing, and Veronica Carlson, among many others.
- There films were almost as well known as the classic universal films, and universal even produced many of the remakes.
- They were talented with bringing new perspectives to the films they remade, such as making Dracula a lot more confrontational, or making Dr. Frankenstein more evil and malicous.
- While they did do a lot of remakes, they also made plenty of original horror films, and even non horror films, of their own.
- Terrance Fisher directed many of their films, especially in the Dracula series.
- While they have made tones of amazing remakes, they also made some sub par ones, such as The Two Faces of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, The Curse of the Werewolf, and The Phantom of the Opera.
Movies With Pages On This Wiki
- Top 10 Horror Movie Remakes (Resurrected review 2012)
- Monster Madness Hammer Films late 50’s to early 70’s
- Top 15 Silver Age Horror - Monster Madness X day 18
- Hammer - The Studio That Dripped Blood Part 1
- Hammer - The Studio That Dripped Blood Part 2
- Hammer - The Studio That Dripped Blood Part 3
- Hammer - The Studio That Dripped Blood Part 4
- Hammer - The Studio That Dripped Blood Part 5