Dora and the Lost City Of Gold
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Dora and the Lost City Of Gold is a 2019 adventure comedy film based on the Nickelodeon show Dora the Explorer.
Why It Rocks
- The film is very self aware, addressing things in the Dora cartoon in a very humorous way, such as Dora's know it all personality and the fake interactivity is also represented.
- Likeable characters.
- Isabella Moner does a great job as Dora, and Dora is surprisingly entertaining in the movie.
- Great acting overall.
- The CGI on Boots and Swiper is impressive, going for a cartoony look that resembles the show but also managing to look realistic.
- It harkens back to 80s adventure movies, especially The Goonies.
- The opening sequence recreates the show and the way it is revealed to be Dora and Diego pretending is hilarious.
- The character interactions are great, with Dora's know it all and annoying personality allowing for some great character moments.
- Dora develops as the film progresses, as she starts off resembling her animated counterpart in a parody like way but then becomes more accepted by her classmates as the film progresses.
- While the movie parodies the source material, it also caters to the people who grew up with it via some great references.
- Benico Del Toro as Swiper is a perfect casting choice, and while his role in the film is limited he is entertaining.
- Sometimes the actors can overact.
- The twist villain cliche is used.
- Poor marketing that made the film look worse than it really is.