Devilman: The Demon Bird
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Devilman: The Demon Bird is an 1990 OVA movie based on Go Nagai's manga, Devilman, its based on the second volume of the manga.
Why It Rocks
- The animation is still great, even for 1990's standards.
- The characters are still likable.
- Devilman gets more screen time than in the previous movie.
- The fight scenes are frenetic and intense just like in the previous movie.
- Jinmen and Sirene are terrifying and intimidant villains.
- The ways how the demons use their powers are impressive, especially Devilman and Sirene (Akira Fudo uses his Devilman powers even without being transformed into Devilman!).
- Akira watching his mother's face on Jinmen's shell is a very heartwarmming moment.
- The music from the credits is beautiful.
- Akira Fudo/Devilman is somewhat the Megward The Wizard in this movie, as he was constantly humiliated by Jinmen and Sirene.
- Just like in the previous film, the English dub had unnecessary amounts of swearing, which was made for selling more copies in the 90's, and the voice acting is somewhat mediocre in that dub.