Charlotte's Web (2006)
Charlotte's Web is a 2006 American live-action feature film based on the 1952 children's novel of the same name by E. B. White. It was directed by Gary Winick and produced by Paramount Pictures, Walden Media, The K Entertainment Company, and Nickelodeon Movies.
It's the second adaptation of E.B. White's famous novel, following a cel-animated version produced by Hanna-Barbera for Paramount Pictures, who also made this version.
After learning that a young pig's days are numbered, a literate spider weaves an elaborate plan to save her friend from the butcher's block.
Why It Rocks
- The film stays 100% faithful to the source material of the children's book.
- Decent performances from the human actors and decent voice-acting from the animal actors, especially from Dakota Fanning.
- Charming and funny characters.
- Heartwarming soundtrack.
- Plenty of touching and emotional moments like when Charlotte dies in the end.
- Sarah McLachlan's song "Ordinary Miracle" is really touching and it fits with the movie very well. You listen to the song here.
- A huge improvement to the original 1973 animated film.