Captain America: The First Avenger
Captain America: The First Avenger is a Superhero film set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and the first film in the Captain America trilogy.
It is 1941 and the world is in the throes of war. Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) wants to do his part and join America's armed forces, but the military rejects him because of his small stature. Finally, Steve gets his chance when he is accepted into an experimental program that turns him into a supersoldier called Captain America. Joining forces with Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan) and Peggy Carter (Hayley Atwell), Captain America leads the fight against the Nazi-backed HYDRA organization.
Why it Rocks
- Like other MCU films, this is an enjoyable film for the most dedicated Marvel comic readers and newcomers to the franchise.
- Chris Evans performance as Steve Rogers/Captain America was fantastic.
- Hugo Weaving performance as Red Skull intimidatingly great.
- Iron Man's father Howard Stark makes an appearance in person.
- The very first ever Captain America comic book appears for a brief moment.
- The action scenes are epic.
- Plenty of comedy.
- It does a great job setting up The Avengers alongside with Iron Man, Thor and The Incredible Hulk.
- The Tesseract appears for the first time.
- It has a good sense of action, adventure, drama and humor.
- There's an easter egg to the fact that Chris Evans played the Human Torch before.
- The final battle between Captain America and Red Skull was kind of a let down.
- Captain America - Disneycember 2015
- Everything GREAT About Captain America- The First Avenger!
- Honest Trailers - Captain America- The First Avenger
- Captain America- The First Avenger - Movie Review by Chris Stuckmann
- Captain America- The First Avenger movie review