Bleach The Movie: Memories of Nobody
Bleach The Movie: Memories of Nobody is an action, adventure, drama, tragedy, romance, comedy, romantic comedy, fantasy, Japanese anime movie, and is the first anime movie to be added to the Bleach franchise. It was directed by Noriyuki Abe, written by Masashi Sogo, musically composed by Shiro Sagisu, cinematography by Toshiyuki Fukushima, edited by Hidetoshi Okuda and Junichi Uematsu, produced by Studio Pierrot, distributed by Toho, and it starred Masakazu Morita, Fumiko Orikasa, Chiwa Saito, Kentaro Ito, Romi Park, Ryotaro Okiayu, Masashi Ebara, Dai Matsumoto, Yoko Somi, Daisuke Egawa, Hajime Iijima, and Takashi Kondo in the sub, and Johnny Young Bosche, Michelle Ruff, G.K. Bowes, Wally Wingert, Steve Staley, Dan Woren, Troy Baker, JB Blanc, Wendee Lee, Kirk Thornton, Kyle Hebert, and Vic Mignogna in the English dub. It was originally released in Japan on December 16, 2006.
Why It Rocks
- Amazing animation.
- The new character this movie introduces, Senna, is incredibly interesting, likable, and sympathetic. She's become so popular among the fanbase that many Bleach fans have voiced their interest in Kubo making her canon within the manga, which will sadly never happen due to the manga having ended.
- Great voice acting in both sub and dub.
- Considering that Bleach has never really focused on romance, it's very surprising that the relationship between Senna and Ichigo is as emotionally grippnig and believable as it is.
- Very appealing art style and character designs.
- The storyline involving the Blanks and the Valley of Screams is one of the most intriuging that Bleach has ever exhibited.
- Excellent soundtrack.
- The end of the movie is very tragic and emotionally devastating, yet also appropriate given the plot and the pacing.
- Good pacing.
- The villains in the movie are kind of one dimensional.
Bleach The Movie: Memories of Nobody has a 3/5 on Letterboxd, a 7.3/10 on the International Movie Database (IMDB), a 7.55/10 on MyAnimeList, a 4/5 on AnimePlanet, and a 73.39% community approval rating on Kitsu.