Bayonetta: Bloody Fate
Bayonetta: Bloody Fate is a 2013 anime film, based on 2009 Platinum Game's Bayonetta.
Bayonetta, an Umbran Witch who was been asleep for the past 500 years, has no recollection of her past, travels to Vigrid, an isolated city in Europe to seek out a special gem called the 'Right Eye' thinking it will help her remember her past. Along the way, she has to fight angels, deal with a stalker named Luka (who has a vendetta against Bayonetta, thinking she killed his father), take care of little girl named Cereza (who thinks Bayonetta is her mother), and go one-on-one with Jeanne (another Umbran Witch who seems to know a lot about Bayonetta's past).
The plot similarly follows the plot from the first game, albeit a few changes here and there.
Why it Rocks
- The visuals in the movie are beautiful.
- Both the angels and the demons keep their creative and unique designs.
- Bayonetta is still a badass angel hunter.
- The plot stays loyal to the game, making changes in certain points so that it doesn't become a shot-by-shot remake of the game.
- Most of the English voice actors make a return and do a fantastic job.
- You don't need to play the game to understand the plot of the movie,
- the ending is very predictable if you played the first game already.
- Some moments can be considered filler.