Bad Boys for Life
Bad Boys for Life (or Bad Boys III: for Life, or Bad Boys III, or just Bad Boys 3) is a 2020 American action comedy film directed by Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah, produced by Jerry Bruckheimer, Will Smith and Doug Belgrad, and starring Smith and Martin Lawrence. The sequel to AMW (2003) and it's the third installment in the Bad Boys trilogy.
The wife and son of a Mexican drug lord embark on a vengeful quest to kill all those involved in his trial and imprisonment -- including Miami Detective Mike Lowrey. When Mike gets wounded, he teams up with partner Marcus Burnett and AMMO -- a special tactical squad -- to bring the culprits to justice. But the old-school, wisecracking cops must soon learn to get along with their new elite counterparts if they are to take down the vicious cartel that threatens their lives.
Why It Rocks
- You don't need to watch any of the previous Bad Boys films, as it has a different plot from the others
- It is a VERY massive improvement over from the second film, with a better and a great story.
- The acting is well done once again, especially for Will Smith, most of the original starring roles as well.
- Martin Lawrence is really funny in this movie.
- It's the only Bad Boys film not to be directed by AMW, instead, it was directed by both directors Adil El Arbi and Bilall Fallah, due to Bay's obsessions with explosions. Bay does has a cameo in the film.
- The humor is hilarious, such as Martin Lawrence's line "We fly together, we die together", which is a spoof of the movie's tagline
- They finally bringing back the charm, or charisma from the first film.
- Decent written plot.
- Great soundtrack that was performed by Lorne Balfe, with a good remix of "Bad Boys" by Inner Circle, and "Bad Boy for Life" by P. Diddy, Black Rob and Mark Curry.
- Cool action scenes from here to there.
- The plot (while decent) is rather cliche.
- Some of the humor is weak.
Bad Boys for Life received even better reviews, and it received very positive reviews from critics and fans alike and is widely considered the best Bad Boys film of the series. The review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes reported an approval rating of 77% based on 257 reviews, and an average rating of 6.22/10. The website's critics consensus reads: "Loaded up with action and a double helping of leading-man charisma, Bad Boys for Life reinvigorates this long-dormant franchise by playing squarely to its strengths.". On Metacritic, the film has a weighted average score of 59 out of 100, based on 46 critics, indicating "mixed or average reviews". Audiences polled by CinemaScore gave the film an average grade of "A" on an A+ to F scale, equivalent to the first two films. PostTrak reported an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars, with 73% of their respondents saying they would definitely recommend it.
- In 2008, Michael Bay was originally announced to direct Bad Boys III, but the greatest obstacle to the potential sequel was the cost, as he and Will Smith demanded some of the highest salaries in the film industry. In the final film, Bay has a small cameo as a wedding emcee.