Baby Driver is a 2017 action crime film directed and written by Edgar Wright and was produced by Nira Park, Tim Bevan, and Eric Fellner. It premiered in South by Southwest on March 11, 2017, and theatrically released on June of that same year.
A music lover named Baby is working for a kingpin named Doc. He then meets a waitress named Debora and they dating.
Why it Rocks
- Great performances from Ansel Elgort, Kevin Spacey, Jon Hamm, and more
- The direction from Edgar Wright was pretty excellent
- The amazing choreography in which the characters' actions are synchronized well with the movie's soundtrack.
- Speaking of the latter, the soundtrack is really exciting and fun to listen to.
- The action sequences, especially the opening chase scene, are quite awesome.
- The movie's antagonist is really well done and charismatic.
- The portrayals of Debora and Darling weren't that impressive, to begin with.
It was on The National Board of Review's Top 10 Films of 2017 and was nominated for three Oscars (Best Sound Mixing, Best Sound Editing, and Best Film Editing), two nominations at 23rd Critics' Choice Awards and the 71st British Academy Film Awards (winning one at both) and a Best Actor for Motion Picture Musical or Comedy at the Golden Globe Awards. It has an approval rating of 93% on Rotten Tomatoes based on 311 reviews.