Asterix & Obelix: Mission Cleopatra
Asterix & Obelix: Mission Cleopatra: (also known as Asterix & Obelix: Meet Cleopatra or Astérix et Obélix : Mission Cléopâtre in France) is a 2002 french comedy movie based on the Asterix comic book, Asterix & and Cleopatra (Which was already adapted into Asterix & Cleopatra as an animated movie).
The movie Follows the comic book.
Why it Rocks
- While Take on Caesar (The prequel) was faithful to the comics, this one has a much better connection to the comics than the prequel.
- The acting is still good, from the likes of Christian Clavier (Asterix) and Gerard Depradieu (Obelix)
- The movie stays faithful to the comic it follows.
- The humor is a big improvement from the first movie as pretty much every joke is funny and The movie (Like the comics) doesn't take itself seriously.
- The soundtrack is very enjoyable.
- The characters are all likable.
- While where the little goat go joke can be offensive it's actually very clever.
- The dialogue is clever.
- Most of the special effects are pretty good.
- While it doesn't really stay faithful to the time-period, like the comics is still has some funny moments.
- Julius Caesar is still a very funny and entertaining villain if not more so than in the first movie.
- The movie is actually still the most successful movie in France of all time.
- The scene where Obelix is about to attack the romans but the movie freeze frames for a documentary about crabs is very amazing.
- Lots of enjoyable slapstick.
- Amazing Climax.
- It can still disrespect the comics as Asterix still appears taller than in the comics.
- Some of the special effects can be unpleasant.
- The final two movies (At the olympic games and God save Britannia) we're awful.
The movie received much better reviews than it's predecessor it has 86% rating on rotten tomatoes and was a box office hit, and became the most successful movie in France.