Apollo 13 is a 1995 American space docudrama film directed by Ron Howard and starring Tom Hanks, Kevin Bacon, Bill Paxton, Gary Sinise, and Ed Harris.
Astronauts Lovell, Haise, and Swigert of the Apollo 13 moon mission find themselves stranded when their spacecraft gets damaged. NASA must now find a way to bring them back before it is too late.
Why It Rocks
- It stays true to the true story about a failed mission named Apollo 13, trying goes on the Moon in April 1970 but they failed due to the failure of the spacecraft, and they find themselves stranded in space, and find a way to go back home.
- The special effects for the Apollo 13 ship is pretty good, even in the 1990's standards.
- Amazing acting especially for Tom Hanks, Kevin Bacon, and Bill Paxton.
- Fantastic performance from Tom Hanks, Bill Paxton, and Ed Harris.
- Amazing directing by Ron Howard.
- Memorable quotes, such as Tom Hanks' "Houston, we have a problem." line.
- The movie does have amazing thrills, suspense, emotional and dramatic moments too.
- The soundtrack that was performed by James Horner is amazing as always.
- Very beautiful cinematography by Dean Cundey, making you feel like that someone is filming a movie in outer space.
- The recreation of the late 1960s and the '70s in the Kennedy Space Center in Brevard County were well-made.
- The movie itself had managed to show how dangerous a space mission can be, and how it's hard to be in outer space.
The movie was released on June 30, 1995, and it received very positive reviews from critics and audiences alike, with a 95% rating on Rotten Tomatoes and a 77/100 on Metacritic "Generally favorable reviews" and a 7.6/10 ON IMDb.