Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues
After losing his job to his wife and co-anchor, Ron is hired by New York's first 24-hour news channel where he takes the channel by storm through his new style of news coverage.
Why It's not just a Great Movie, it's an American Movie
- The hilarious Shark attack at the end of the film.
- Jack Lime makes a great antagonist for the film.
- The scenes that feature Ron trying to bond with his family are very heartwarming to watch.
- There are lots of good quotes:
- “Don’t just have a great night, have an American night.”
- “Who the hell is Julius Caesar?”
- The film has a good ending, in which Ron manages to get to his sons piano recital and reconcile with his wife.
- Ron’s speech before he walks off the news.
- The news anchor fight has a lot of great cameos. E.g. Jim Carrey, Amy Poehler, Will Smith
- Plot Hole: When Ron was blind, how did he manage to find the door so easily?
- It’s not as quotable as the first film.
- Mack Tannen is an unlikeable character as he fires Ron for no valid reason and causes Ron and Veronica to break up.
- The infamous scene where Ron yells at Brick. This makes Ron unlikeable for a bit however he gets a comeuppance when he is punched in the face by Brian Fantana.
The film received positive reviews from both critics and fans of the Anchorman franchise. It was ranked #10 on WatchMojo’s Top 10 best comedy sequels.